Human rights protection and management
Since the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights initiated the development of the human rights concept, the global emphasis on human rights has been increasing. TONG HSING ELECTRONIC IND., LTD. supports and complies with the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the United Nations Global Compact, the International Labour Organization Convention and other internationally recognized human rights conventions, the Responsible Business Alliance RBA Code of Conduct and other related standards, in order to respect and protect the human rights of our employees. We commit to and protect the following commitments and require our staffing companies to adhere to all of the above.
We do not use child labor, forced, bonded or involuntary labor or exploited people.
Our working hours and rest periods are in accordance with the Labor Code.
We pay our workers wages and benefits in accordance with all relevant legislation
We treat each employee humanely and do not use violence, physical punishment, threats, humiliation, abuse, sexual violence, sexual assault or other inhumane ways to treat our employees
We provide equal employment opportunities without discrimination on the grounds of race, colour, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, pregnancy, creed, political affiliation, membership of an association, marriage or other legal norms
We respect the freedom of speech and association of our employees and protect them from reprisals and threats.
Health and safety of our employees ‧ A comprehensive welfare system ‧ Employee care
TONG HSING ELECTRONIC IND., LTD. believes that a safe and healthy workplace environment is a prerequisite for employees to work with peace of mind. TONG HSING ELECTRONIC IND., LTD. has always been committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment and necessary health and first aid measures to eliminate the hazards in the working environment that may affect the health and safety of employees and to reduce the risk of occupational accidents. TONG HSING ELECTRONIC IND., LTD. has obtained OHSAS 18001 Occupational Safety and Health Management System certification since 2006 and will promote and complete ISO 45001 Occupational Safety and Health Management System revision and upgrade certification in 2020. This demonstrates TONG HSING ELECTRONIC IND., LTD.'s commitment to ensuring perfect working conditions, health, well-being and equality of practice for its employees. TONG HSING ELECTRONIC IND., LTD. complies with the Occupational Safety and Health Act, the Regulations for the Implementation of Workplace Environmental Monitoring, etc. and regularly carries out the following practices and promotes health care and health promotion activities to ensure the health and safety of its employees.
Occupational Disease Risk Management
- Special Health Screening
- Hearing Protection and Prevention Program
Health care and promotion
- Occupational Medicine Clinicians on site
- Health Education E-newsletter
- Health Seminars
- Exercise classes, Weight loss classes
Operating Environment Monitoring
- Semi-annual monitoring of the working environment in accordance with the law
- Monitoring planning according to the on-site operating conditions
- The scope of monitoring includes noise, illumination, dust, carbon dioxide, and chemical substances.
- Monitoring results and trend analysis for continuous improvementMonitoring results and trend analysis for continuous improvement
Operating Environment Monitoring
- Establishment and training of a site emergency response team
- Establish communication, response, investigation and post-disaster recovery processes
- Conduct regular fire, chemical and other disaster drills
- All staff participate in drills to raise awareness of disaster prevention
As of August 2021, TONG HSING ELECTRONIC IND., LTD. had a total of 3025 employees worldwide: 2985 regular employees (1225 men and 1760 women) and 2 fixed-term employees (0 men and 2 women). By category, there are 120 managers, 550 professionals, 167 administrative staff and 2148 technical staff; the average length of service is 6.5 years.
Since the establishment of TONG HSING ELECTRONIC IND., LTD., labor relations have been running smoothly, with various channels of communication available on a regular basis, as well as regular quarterly labor meetings for practical exchanges and communication on relevant issues.
- Capitalist side: Senior management, audit office as ex-officio members + HR & General Affairs members
- Labor side: elected by each department
- 50/50 split between the number of employers and the number of employees
- Separate meetings for factories
- Quarterly meetings are held and minutes of the meetings are posted to staff within one month
- Regular labor meetings
- Notice boards
- Suggestion box
- E-form (employee feedback form)
- Telephone lines and e-mails